Re: Font definition

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:35:23 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> I don't think the purpose of the suggestion was to override the user's
> preferences, but to add a tool to make CSS management easier. In the

I don't think that either.   However, I do suspect that the proposal
was made without considering that there would be more than one source
of style sheets for the document and simply didn't consider how the
proposal should interact with cascading rules.  (I was suggesting that
the proposer had ignored the possibility of user style sheets, not
deliberately set out to frustrate them.)