Re: [CSS3-Values] Table cell inheritance

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 16:55:56 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

On Sunday 2003-05-25 01:47 -0400, Ernest Cline wrote:
> I would like to suggest the adding of a new common property value:
> table-inherit that could be applied to any property except display-role
> and display.  This exclusion is because the behavior of this property
> value is dependent uppon the value of display-role.

One comment (I won't repeat what Ian said, although I'm not sure that I
agree with it):  you'd also have to exclude 'float' and 'position',
since they can affect 'display' (CSS2 9.7).

(As I've said before, we should probably explicitly track dependencies
that the computed values of properties have on other properties so that
we don't start introducing cycles.)

-David