Re: [CSS3] selectors: parent combinator?

From: Daniel Glazman <glazman@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 09:04:36 +0200
To: patricka@mkdoc.com
CC: www-style@w3.org

patricka@mkdoc.com wrote:
> hi all,
>
> somebody please hit me with a clue stick. :)
>
> i can't see (with css3 selectors) how to select a paragraph containing,
> say a defining instance of a term.

The :subject pseudo-class was in the first public WD [1] for this module but
was later removed because of implementation problems in dynamic environments.
It does not mean we dropped the feature forever.

Please note this pseudo has one implementation in static environement. I
implemented it in my tool CSSize based on a tranformation language called STTS,
and itself based on CSS general syntax.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-CSS3-selectors-19990803#subject-pseudo

</Daniel>