Re: CSS3-Lists-20021107 Comments

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 01:31:40 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@niksula.hut.fi>

(<mid:Pine.GSO.4.44.0303280740370.15853-100000@kekkonen.cs.hut.fi>):

> What I am suggesting is including a marker keyword that is unambiguously
> the EN DASH character (U+2013).

I oppose this suggestion, even though I support changing the 'hyphen' value
to 'dash'. A good rule of thumb for the keyword markers is that they should
not require particular characters. A user agent with a limited character
repertoire might want to show a 'dash' marker as a hyphen-minus (U+002D,
"-"), or maybe as two hyphen-minus characters. A user agent might even use
an image. The specification should allow these and other variations.