Re: CSS2 "Content"

From: liorean <liorean@f2o.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:58:05 -0500 (EST)
To: Arthur Wiebe <awieba@netscape.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Arthur Wiebe wrote:
> I've been trying to use content in a division with an URI to a html
> file. Doesn't it work because Netscape 7.02 doesn't support it yet or
> because text/html doesn't work for this.

See [CSS2] 12.2 on this:
<http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html#content>

content property only applies on :after and :before pseudo-elements.

> I used this code
> url(http://aservice.awiebe.com/GuestBook-TPL/guestbook.html);">

I think this is legal css3 though - but there's no css3 user agent yet,
only a few css2 with support for a smaller number of css3 properties.
--
liorean <mailto:liorean@user.bip.net>

ViewStyles, ViewScripts, ToggleStyles and GraphicsInfo bookmarklets and
Theme Switcher, Cookies Handler scripts:
<http://liorean.web-graphics.com/>