Re: an alternative to the 'position' property allowing more precise control

From: Stuart Ballard <sballard@netreach.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:23:52 -0500
To: jeremy@dunck.us
CC: www-style@w3.org

Jeremy Dunck wrote:

> Also, I suspect there is a typo, in that your example selector is
> p.stair, but your markup is only <p>, with no class attribute assigned.

Also I think that "top" and "bottom" are interchanged in the first CSS
rule - ie, it should read:

   top: previous bottom 10px;

("the top of this element should be ten pixels from the bottom of the
previous one") rather than:

   bottom: previous top 10px;

which means "the bottom of this element should be ten pixels from the
top of the previous one" - which would be a rather strange thing to want
(although perfectly valid), and doesn't match the suggested rendering.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer
NetReach - Internet Solutions