Re: CSS3 Text: Multi-Directional Scripts in Vertical Inline Progression

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 02:36:12 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote to <mailto:www-style@w3.org> on 2003-03-21 14:41 in ""
(<mid:3E7B9536.7060903@escape.com>):

> http://fantasai.tripod.com/www-style/2003/directions/vertical-bidi.html

Congratulations on another clear, good-looking, and well-considered
document. You are truly an asset to the CSS community.

> I propose that CSS3 Text provide for all three orientation
> styles.

You have not proposed the mechanism. Do we press 'writing-mode' into service
with new values? Do we add values to 'direction'? Do we coin a shorthand for
'direction' and the glyph orientation properties?

Not to put the pressure on you, fantasai, but you are quite likely the best
mind for the job.

--
Etan Wexler: not as good as the first E.P.
 <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>