Opacity

From: Chris Vincent <dris86@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:14:24 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org
An idea just occurred to me while thinking about a possible website
design.  Wouldn't it be cool if you could set the opacity of individual
elements?  I could see some pretty sweet things done with that, many
ideas from the top of my head.  And, a bit off topic, people could use
DHTML alongside it for even cooler things.  Just a thought.

The way I see it, the easiest way would be a straight-up opacity
attribute, which would effect the whole element: text, borders,
background (including images), etc.  Anything part of the element would
be included.  You could go more complex and set opacity as an attribute
for the text, borders, etc. individually, but it might be overkill.
Just a suggestion.  What do you think?

"Arsenic is the essence of life!"
     - Dris Under Hyper, Irrational Exuberance
                                  - Random Signature #2 -