Re: Reversing list order

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:47:50 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

On 17 Mar 2003 at 21:53, David wrote:

> I think the fact that this breaks incremental rendering has already been
> mentioned.  I tend to agree that once you have broken that, you might as
> well have reverse rendering of the nodes of an element applied generally,
> not just to lists.

Incremental rendering has already been broken in CSS2 by the existance of
positioned elements. Incremental orendering is going to have to be broken some
more if footnotes and endnotes are to be added to XHTML in any useable manner
in my opinion. Breaking incremental rendering therefore is not a good reason
for being against this idea. (There may be good reasons to be against
providing a means to manipulate the rendering order of a list, but this ain't
one of them.)