Reversing list order

From: Jim Dabell <jim-www-style@jimdabell.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:44:16 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
Cc: Joshua Clinard <webmaster@joshuasplace.net>

[Originally found on www-html]

On Monday 17 March 2003 5:13 pm, Joshua Clinard wrote:
> Please include an option to specify that items in an ordered list will
> appear in reverse order in the next working draft. I was thinking that
> something similar to the following would work well. I am sure others would
> agree that this is a needed option.

I agree.  Consider html mail clients, reversing the order of messages would be
a one-liner client-side script, instead of a round-trip to the server.  Could
this be added to the list module easily?

> ul { list-order: reverse; }

I would prefer { list-order: reversed }, although applying it to an <ol>
element would be more consistent than applying it to a <ul> element..

--
Jim Dabell