Re: Test suite submissions

From: Jim Dabell <jim-www-style@jimdabell.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:47:08 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 8:17 pm, you wrote:
> the red/green colour codes have been used to such an extent by the CSS
> testing community that most CSS testers have developed instinctive
> reactions to those colours, and changing them at this point would be a
> greater usability hit.

I did consider the established practices, but didn't know how widespread they
were.  I agree that if it's that well established it shouldn't be changed
unnecessarily, as it isn't "real" content, however I think that it's
unfortunate that the policy explicitly recommends the worst combination of
colours.

> This isn't a trivial problem. There are hundreds if not thousands of tests
> already written that would have to be rewritten.

I appreciate that, I was questioning the policy more than the actual tests.

--
Jim Dabell