Re: Page pseudo-elements

From: by way of Bert Bos <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:07:25 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

> > Any comments on ::first-page and nth-page?
>
> I do not find these pseudo-elements especially useful. If given the
> choice between an implementation that degrades performance and the
> omission of this feature, I would choose omission.

They would not degrade performance, as they can be processed in a
 single pass in much the same way as ::first-line. Given that I find
 them useful, and they do not degrade performance, are there any
 objections to them?

(Incidentally, CSS users interested in performance would do well to
 remove the various pseudo-classes added to CSS3 Selectors, such as

:nth-last-of-type, which cannot be applied without lookahead).

Michael