Re: Layered presentation on a single element

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:52:03 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> the more simple examples I could think of. A better example would
> probably be multiple borders:

Once you get to this complexity, you really want to get into a
vector format.  Unfortunately pure SVG lacks the structure and
reflowability of HTML, and transforming (XSLT) from HTML will
also lose the reflowability.  I think you should be concentrating
on making SVG a good XSLT output format for HTML, rather than
creating tools for CSS hackery.

If done in CSS, I'd suggest what you really need is the ability
to created a parameterized background image in a vector format, moving
the graphic complexity into a more appropriate language.