Re: XPath as CSS-selectors?

Hi Boris,

On Friday 20 June 2003 12:43, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
> > Both CSS Selectors and XPath can be implemented in a bad way,
> > and I think if they are implemented good, with fast underlying
> > algorithms
>
> Please feel free to suggest these magic algorithms...
I think XPath is fast enough.
Experience: Use of large XPath expressions (>250) making extensive use of the
document() function several times (>10) in each single xslt transformation of
websites (pages >250) using Ant, Xalan, Xerces and Java.

If the implementation of XPath in a UA would be only half as fast as that of
Xalan (which isn't know for speed anyway), instant response for any web page
<200kB is guaranteed I think.

Bye
--
ITCQIS GmbH