Re: HTML Body Background as Color !

Hello Dave,
dear list members,

On Thursday 19 June 2003 19:07, you wrote:
> Please try sending as plain, clear text.
>
> Whether or not this was only signed, not encrypted,
It was only signed ;-/

> most people will use Exchange/Outlook and not get it.
thank you much for pointing this out.
Just a few days ago I changed the configuration of my email client to use the
SMIME Standard for encoding signed and encrypted mail just because SMIME is a
RFC, while inline coded I think isn't.
I was not aware of
a) Exchange/Outlook still not being able to follow the RFCs.
b) Exchange/Outlook still being in such widespread use despite its lack of RFC
support and security.
I also was not aware of that (or more: I didn't care about wether) SMIME means
creating attachments / boundary messages, which of course is an affront to
mailing lists.
Therefor I switched back to inline coded instead of SMIME.

Sorry and thank you.
And apologies to the list.
(though all outlook/exchange users also should demand apologies from microsoft
good mail readers are mutt, kmail and others ;-)

Bye
--
ITCQIS GmbH
Christian Wolfgang Hujer