Re: author-defined color aliases

From: Ben Godfrey <afternoon@uk2.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 13:23:58 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

> Why not? Do you think that users shouldn't have to know what any piece
> of software on their system does to be able to use it?

Isn't this one of the key tasks of computer scientists? Abstraction?
I'm a degree educated computer scientist and I understand the general
rules of the software I use, but I'm not about to go diving into
Safari's CSS implementation to browse or even write pages.

If we want the web to work for everybody, and sometimes I wonder if we
all do, then we have to make it easy to use. Remember that doesn't just
mean easy to read, but easy to write as well.

Ben

(q)	Ben Godfrey?
(a)	Web Developer and Designer
	See http://aftnn.org/ for details