Re: "inherit"

* Michael Day wrote:
>['initial' keyword]
>However adding an additional value to every other property that adds no
>additional functionality and is in fact confusing to users is quite a
>nuisance. More code, more testing, more complication, no reason.

It's quite handy if you want to override inheritance. Sure, you can do
this be adding more keywords and have authors to look at the property
table each time they want to do so. You could make up a similar argument
for inherit in properties which inherit by default. I don't see why
initial makes anything more complicated (I fact, I believe the opposite
is true), or would require significantly more core as you'd already have
a routine to lookup the initial value, and I certainly disagree with "no
reason".