Re: "inherit"

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:24:24 +1000 (EST)
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> >If not, perhaps it could be introduced as a new keyword color value,
> >similar to CurrentColor?
> >
> >(I am presently implementing support for this, and allowing "initial" as a
> >value for every property seems to be quite a hindrance, particularly as it
> >is unnecessary for most properties).
>
> Where is the difficulty here?

Adding support for a new color property that adds functionality that was
not there before and closes a gap in the specification is quite welcome.

However adding an additional value to every other property that adds no
additional functionality and is in fact confusing to users is quite a
nuisance. More code, more testing, more complication, no reason.

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!
http://yeslogic.com