Re: "inherit"

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 10:04:00 +1000 (EST)
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

> 'default' was a proposal that would be like 'inherit' on inherited
> properties and like 'initial' on non-inherited ones.

Can that not be a recommendation? I would hate to have to explain the
difference between these:

    font-weight: normal
    font-weight: initial
    font-weight: inherit
    font-weight: default

Keyword overload, and the "default" in particular has a distinctly
unhelpful meaning. I would rather have default be used for what initial is
currently used for, but if initial is already too entrenched in CSS
terminology perhaps that is not possible.

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!
http://yeslogic.com