Re: "inherit"

From: Lasse Reichstein Nielsen <lrn@daimi.au.dk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 14:40:44 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <www-style@w3.org>

> 'default' was a proposal that would be like 'inherit' on inherited
> properties and like 'initial' on non-inherited ones.

I hope the proposal is accepted. In CSS2, there are properties that
cannot be set to their default value directly. One example is
border-color. The default border color is the same as the text color,
but there is no way to set border-color directly to that. (You can set
it indirectly with the border shorthand notation, but that seems even
worse: a shorthand notation for something that doesn't have a long
notation).

/L
--
Lasse Reichstein Nielsen - lrn@daimi.au.dk