Backwards Letters in CSS3?

From: Kim Scarborough <lists@unknown.nu>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 12:19:33 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-style@w3.org

Is there any possibility of adding support for backwards letters in CSS3?
I ask because I'd like to be able to make a standards-compliant XHTML copy
of "Through the Looking Glass", which contains backwards letters in the
text. Currently, my options are to write the text backwards with forwards
letters, to include an image of the backwards text, or to embed a
backwards-letters font, all of which are suboptimal.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask/has been discussed before. I did
look through the archives and did not find anything relating to this.

Kim Scarborough                                      http://www.unknown.nu/kim/
"The United States is like the guy at the party who gives cocaine to
everybody and still nobody likes him."
                                                             -Jim Samuels