Re: How far should first-letter and first-line go?

From: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:24:02 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, 4:11:46 PM, Ian Hickson wrote:
> > CSS2 and the CSS2.1 draft seem equally vague about the depth as to
> > which first-letter and first-line should search to find text to apply
> > themselves to.
>
> I've added this to our issues list, thanks.

Cheers Ian.

Actually, while we're on the subject, can I suggest that CSS 2.1 makes
it more clear that backgrounds applied to :first-line should only
apply to the text (as only Gecko seems to currently do), and not to the
entire line...   er, at least if that's what the intended behavior is.

*Stops single-handedly pushing CSS 2.1 into 2008*

--
Tom Gilder, http://tom.me.uk/
 Blog! http://blog.tom.me.uk/