Re: Center DIV

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 20:59:55 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> But if they were going to do that, wouldn't they already be doing that
> now? My point was that people aren't using the feature currently
> because it's obfuscated and logical only to a browser programmer.

But a professional designer has to understand the tools and medium they
are using, so they have to know that one feature is just a macro
for some other properties.  They need to do this even if they use
a WYSIWG editor because HTML + CSS is not a WYSIWYG medium.

The only way of controlling layout without that knowledge is to use
semantic classes and let someone else's style sheet deal with the
detailed knowledge.