vertical centering of block element

From: Christian Sonne <christian@subigo.dk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 01:30:20 +0200
To: www-style@w3.org

I'm trying to rid my site of tables, and thus need a new way to center
my content vertically...
So far, I've only been able to accomplish to vertically center the top
of an element, and thereby not the element itself.
So my question goes; is there any way to vertically center a block
element (like div), with a fixed height, WITHOUT using tables?

Regards
--
Christian Sonne
Stud. scient. math-phys at University of Copenhagen