Re: small errors in the CSS2.1 grammar

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Bert Bos wrote:

> On the other hand, is there any real benefit in allowing syntax errors and
> do we really want to limit what kind of parser a UA uses?

If the error handling rules are not in the spec, then the UA with most
market share will be the one that controls what the error handling has to
be, because other user agents will have to emulate it in order to render
Web pages the same. This is why we now have Tag Soup. I'd rather have the
error handling rules be de jure and carefully thought out than de facto
and based on a quickly hacked together piece of code.