window titles

From: Devon Y. <vehementpetal@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 00:38:40 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

I apologize in advance if there's already something like this somewhere, but
I haven't found it yet so I assume an equivalent does not exist.

I've long wished CSS could give us authors a way to define what text goes
into the window title of a browser (or other viewing device). XML+CSS
documents always strike me as unprofessional or unfinished,  because of no
window title. I envision something like..

foo { window-title: attr();}
   ...or...
foo { display: window-title;}

Value options for a 'window-title' property could include strings, uri's, or
even the word 'yes' (to indicate the element's contents would be the window
title).

Just a brainstorm you might be interested in.

Devon

PS. please CC me any reply, since I'm not subscribed to this list.