Fixed positioning in Safari (retraction)

From: James Craig <james@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:29:43 -0600
To: Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru>, David Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>

On 1/10/03 6:03 AM, "Vadim Plessky" <lucy-ples@mtu-net.ru> wrote:
> |  >
> |  > The CSS box model and 'fixed' positioning in Safari both seem faulty
> |  > as well
> |  > as form support in XHTML. It's probably snagging on the closing slash
>
> AFAIK position:fixed is supported in Konqueror quite well (and it was the
> first browser to support it correctly), so I hope Safari team at Apple would
> fix it pretty soon.

Actually, after a second look, I'm pleased to report that 'position:fixed'
works quite well in Safari. I was previously mistaken because of a
browser-specific CSS comment /*\*/ that I didn't take into account.  Blame
on my sloppy scientific process, not the browser. ;) Sorry Dave and team.

Later,
James Craig