Re: Another view (sorry) on XBL and behaviours

From: Dylan Schiemann <dylans@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 15:43:16 -0800
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, Dylan Schiemann wrote:
>
>>I feel that in general, adding bindings with selectors is a good idea as
>>selector syntax is very convenient.  However, it feels wrong to mix them
>>with css.  It feels to me that it makes css no longer css, but something
>>much more complex than the rest of the specification.
>
> Why?

Mostly because it feels wrong/ugly/hacked.  Partly because it blurs the
lines for MVC separation.  Partly because it feels to me that the
benefit of using css selectors for convenience in selecting elements is
being carried to the point of using all of css for convenience, rather
than separating the two.  Wouldn't it make more sense to at least
separate keep them in separate documents.

> What about the 'background' property then?

Are you asking what I think about using the background property to
include something like an svg document rather than just a raster image?

-Dylan

--
Dylan Schiemann
http://www.sitepen.com/