Re: Apple releases its own Web browser - Safari, based on KHTML

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 11:43  AM, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> Great news: Apple released its own Web browser - Safari, and it's
> based on
> KHTML/KJS engine.
> As Konqueror, KDE's [http://www.kde.org] native Web Browser, is quite
> good in
> CSS 2.x support (and XHTML/XML), I would expect more web sites taking
> care
> about W3C CSS compliance, which is Good, IMO.
> And we would be one step close to standards-based WEB.

It's pretty good, I'm using it now as my primary browser.  It still
displays a few
quirks that Konqueror had -- for example, it mishandles Eric Meyer's
css/edge spiral
just like Konqueror did -- but I quite like it.  It's a welcome
addition to the
increasingly standards-compliant world of Web browsers.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain           http://idyllmtn.com