Re: Another view (sorry) on XBL and behaviours

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 10:09 am, Shelby Moore wrote:
> >Ian Hickson wrote:
> >   code { binding: url(code.xml#brief); }
> >   code:hover { binding: url(code.xml#details); }
>
> I was waiting to see if any one else would point out that Ian proposed a
> logical endless loop condition.

Is this any different to:

<script type="text/javascript">
while(1);
</script>

...or:

foo.html:

<object data="foo.html">

> When you dynamically replace the implementation (binding), then the
> bounding box can change, then the :hover state can oscillate.  You could
> send the UA into an endless loop.  Even if you tried to move the mouse to
> break out, the UA might be too busy processing the endless loop
> condition.

You mean like:

a:hover { display: none; }
a { display: block; }

Seems to me that these things already exist, and user-agents are just
expected to cope.

--
Jim