Re: Shelby's Final Position Paper on XBL

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. Januar 2003 04:02 schrieb Ian Hickson:
> > On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:
> > > I think a href has a behaviour that effectivly consists of three steps:
> > > The behaviour requesting the object from the user agent. (That makes it
> > > possible for a spider or a tabbed browser to thread / tab)
> > > The user agent creating and delivering the object.
> > > The behaviour invoking the desired method or altering the desired
> > > attributes of that object.
> >
> > I would say that's its semantics.
>
> I'd say it is desired default behaviour specified by its semantics.
> Like bold being the default style for b using b { font-weight:bold; }.

Changing the font is a lot more specific than "some way to request the
object". That's, IMHO, one of the differences between semantics and
behaviour: The semantics are vague generalisations ("emphasis", "link
which is requested then fetched and processed"), while the behaviour is
pretty specific ("italics", "an onclick handler that...").

> Do you have a link for Qube?

Nope, I've only heard about it in passing.