Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 20:08:05 -0600
To: www-style@w3.org

Actually I think Ian has helped answer a very important question for me.

I came here thinking that W3C standards were important and that I needed to
work with them.  Maybe even considering forwarding the DOM Views and
Formatting spec and making an implementation (perhaps in Mozilla although I
hate Mozilla because of people like Ian and Daniel make real production
impossibly inefficient).

I've realized now that W3C standards are not more important Internet
Explorer standards.

In time I spent farting around with Ian, I could have completely
reimplemented the Cool Page GUI using IE's WebBrowser control.  It will run
on 95% of the worlds computers and I'd be done with it.  No purest baloney
to deal with.  etc.

Just reality.

Thanks for helping me so much Ian.

-Shelby Moore