Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup

On Sunday, January 5, 2003, 3:06:57 PM, Tim wrote:

TB> At 2003-01-05T01:58-0600, Shelby Moore wrote:-

>> At 10:00 PM 1/4/2003 -0800, Sandy Moss wrote:
>> >1. Tim Berners-Lee has stated, in no uncertain terms,
>> >that the semantics of a specification should not and
>> >indeed _cannot_ be orthgonal to the implementation.

>> Semantics is controlled by implementation (not orthogonal). I agree
>> with that.

TB> That's not what the quoted text means. Non-orthogonality implies that the
TB> two things are not entirely independent, and no more. The above would be
TB> satisfied, for example, by "implementation is influenced by semantics",
TB> which should clearly be true.

And "semantics is influenced by implementation" which is also clearly
true (its called the Candidate recommendation stage) and is to be
distinguished, hopefully, from "semantics is uniquely determined by
implementation".