Re: XBL is (mostly) W3C redundant, and CSS is wrong W3C layer for semantic behavior *markup*

From: Shelby Moore <shelby@coolpage.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:20:22 -0600
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

>> You and Ian were apparently confusing this with CSS attributes.
>
>AFAIK, CSS does not have "attributes" by any technical definition.
>If you are using an English definition, then it is unclear what
>you're talking about: that CSS is a plain-text (as opposed to
>binary) format language is one of its attributes.

You delete the paragraph above that where I wrote that I was referring to
the class attribute of a markup element.

Perhaps you are just pointing out that Ian should not have interpreted it
as CSS attribute.  I do not know what Ian was thinking, but I know that I
was referrring to class  attribute of a markup element.  Grammatically
there was no other correct interpretation of what I wrote.  Then again
semantics of English is not entirely defined by grammar specifications! :-)