Re: WD-CSS21-20020802 section 8, "Box model", substantive comments

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:00 -0800
To: www-style@w3.org, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>, Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>

Ian Hickson quoted me and wrote to <www-style@w3.org> on
22 February 2003 in 'Re: WD-CSS21-20020802 section 8,
"Box model", substantive comments'
(<mid:Pine.LNX.4.50.0302220517250.3785-100000@dhalsim.dreamhost.com>):

>> The specification needs to specify exactly which elements confer the
>> permission to deviate from the box model. As it stands, an implementor
>> could claim that 'p' and 'div' elements are the "certain elements"
>> mentioned in the specification.

> Yes, they could, but they'd be the laughing stock of the CSS community.

True though that be, I remain unsatisfied. What we need is not a
laughingstock but a set of clear conformance criteria. If the
criteria are not only clear but strict too, the CSS community is
all the better for it.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>.
If trannies are five, then queers are six, and