Re: [CSS21] 'page' and 'size' removal

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, Christian Roth wrote:

> I am assuming that stylesheets written to the CSS2 spec will not break in
> a future incarnation of CSS by giving properties that were meanwhile
> (=CSS 2.1) defunct different semantics than they had in CSS2. Is this correct?

At the moment, the only part of CSS2 which will be obsoleted in CSS3 is
the 'marker' value of the 'display' property. I believe we haven't removed
anything else. That's no guarentee that we won't in future, but if you
depend on a CSS2 feature tell us now and we will bear that in mind.

CSS2 stylesheets will always be valid CSS2 stylesheets, of course.