Re: Length unit relative to media width

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:36:22 +0000 (GMT)
To: www-style@w3.org

Getting off topic:
> Well, it _is_ supposed to be a vector graphics language... which puts it
> squarely in the postscript/pdf crowd of functionality.  So that's not

It's also has Adobe as a prime developer, but I wasn't trying to knock
SVG+CSS; it is the right tool for some jobs, particularly technical
diagrams; it is also a more rational tool, than HTML, if you insist that
the only interface to your page should be the final form visual-only
presentation.

> surprising (and not even necessarily undesirable; you can still provide
> ALT text for SVG images)

I was talking about having an SVG home page, so there wouldn't be any
containing HTML to provide an image element.  The SVG might well have
text as its only information content, but that text would be flattened,
because the deep structure would be missing, and, in my view, probably
shuffled, because designers wouldn't paste up the page in a logical
reading order.