Re: CSS3: Color

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:23:23 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org, fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>

On Monday, February 17, 2003, 8:09:46 PM, fantasai wrote:

f> Chris Lilley wrote:
>> On Monday, February 17, 2003, 1:37:45 PM, fantasai wrote:
>>
>> f> Obviously.
>>
>> I mentioned this because of your claim of consensus.

f> "Specifically, there seemed to be a consensus on www-style..."
f>                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

f> If you're going to be picky, you should at least be accurate
f> about it..

I was accurate. I was pointing out that consensus there is not the sole
arbiter.

>> f> Use the user stylesheet. That is, I believe, what it was created for.
>> f> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Sep/0061.html
>> f> for examples.
>>
>> Difficult to see how an author could do that.

f> Do what, color links the same color as the user specifies in the prefs?

Yes.

>> No, I am familiar with combinatorial explosion as a concept, too.

f> Good. I assume, then, that I don't need to explain why this should
f> be avoided, if possible.

The "if possible" meaning 'in the absence of an elegant and well
articulated alternative that is likely to be implemented'