Re: CSS3: Color

On 2/17/03 1:14 AM, "fantasai" <fantasai@escape.com> wrote:

> Chris Lilley wrote:
>> On Monday, February 17, 2003, 3:12:56 AM, fantasai wrote:
>>

>> f> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Jun/0026.html
>> f> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Sep/0061.html
>> f> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-color-20030214
>> f> ???
>>
>> f> Does the last call record accept implied comments?
>>
>> Could you be a little less terse? I am not sure what you are asking.
>
> None of the suggested changes to the color names made it in. How so?
>
> Specifically, there seemed to be a consensus on www-style that X11
> colors should be included *and* deprecated; this is not reflected
> in the draft. The first post here is representative. The second one
> discusses the shortcomings of user preference color keywords, also
> noting objections to the system color keywords in the last Last Call
> Working Draft. Nothing in these sections changed, either. Why?

Regarding the X11 colors:

From the Changes section:

 http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/#changes

"
Color names/values harmonized with SVG 1.0. There was substantial feedback
on the previous draft that requested that CSS3 Color normatively list all
the normative color names/values which are accepted by SVG 1.0. This
document now contains the following additional named colors: darkgrey,
darkslategrey, dimgrey, lightgray, lightslategrey, slategrey. Note that this
change was also made in accordance with the TAG finding regarding
Consistency of Formatting Property Names, Values, and Semantics.
"

 http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/formatting-properties.html

Regarding the message you quoted regarding user preference color keywords
for hyperlink colors:

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2002Sep/0061.html

I still have the same opinion regarding user preferences for hyperlink
colors, but that was my opinion, and one implementer has asked for these
keywords, and there didn't seem to be much other negative feedback regarding
the user preferences for hyperlink colors.

If folks think we should drop the user preferences for hyperlink colors, we
could certainly do so, between last call and CR.  However, my opinion alone
is insufficient to do so. Additional feedback is needed.

Thanks,

Tantek