No vertical-align of anchor with height larger than it's inner text

From: Gustav Svensson <gurra16@spray.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:10:31 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
First of all, I should state that I did read the information saying "this list is not for questions like 'How do I...'".
But in this case, I strongly suspect that this is something that can't even be done.
But if I'm wrong, I'd be very happy to be overproved.
Nonetheless, I believe that it would be a desireable feature. So therefore I'm bringing it here.

I haven't found any way to place the link text in the vertical-middle of the cell.
Or rather in the vertical middle of the anchor's vertical span. It always starts at the top.
I need the height:100% so that the whole cell becomes clickable as opposed to just the text.
Isn't this feasible at all? And if not, shouldn't there be an enhancement that allowed this?

Här börjar internet!
Skaffa gratis e-mail och gratis internet på http://www.spray.se

Träffa folk från hela Sverige på ett och samma ställe - http://chat.spray.se/