Re: Precedence conflict in CSS2 spec

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Bert Bos wrote:

> Bob Kline writes:
>
> >                           Odd that the w3 page on CSS didn't have a link
> > to this draft (or perhaps it did and I wasn't looking carefully enough).
>
> Where did you look?

Hi, Bert.

I looked at every bullet under "What's New" and read the entire "CSS
Specifications" section.

> There is a separate page, called the "roadmap," that tries to list the
> current statuses of all drafts:
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work

I did not see the link to this because it's at the bottom of a frame
which refuses to scroll (at least in Netscape 7.01) and was lower than
the height of the browser window.  Even if I had seen it, it's doubtful
that I would have realized this is where I would find drafts of new
versions of the specs.

> It's quite possible that the link to that page is too well hidden.

No question about that.

> Any suggestion for improvement?

Sure.

1. Avoid the use of frames which can't be navigated.
2. Add a pointer to drafts of new versions to the "What's New" section.
3. Add a pointer to drafts of new versions to "Specifications."

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline@rksystems.com