CSS 3 Namespaces WD comment: DOM?

From: Alexander J. Vincent <ajvincent@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:54:26 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

Mozilla currently has a working implementation of the proposed @namespace
at-rule in the CSS 3 Namespaces draft.  I rather like that little rule; it
makes life much nicer for namespaced XML documents.

I notice the WD hasn't been updated in three and a half years; since then,
the DOM WG has released DOM Level 2 Style, including DOM interfaces for CSS
Level 2 at-rules.  May I suggest that a revision to this specification
include a DOM CSS interface as well (CSSNamespaceRule, perhaps) and a
specific rule type constant for the CSSRule interface (NAMESPACE_RULE = 7,
maybe)?