Re: Aural Style Sheets

From: Mr bgthr gdhrynr <somnium@freeuk.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 06:07:51 -0500 (EST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> You could write one; it really should not be that hard....

quite true. I could write one. then the web would have its first aural
style sheet enabled webpage.

> > Where does one get a suitable browser ?
> http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/emacspeak/emacspeak.html -
- Google
> is your friend.

Ahh. What about the other 80% of people (sighted or otherwise) using
inferior operating systems like Windows and MacOSX ? Should they write
their own aural browser ?

Seriously. I can remember TTS speech synthesis on all the 8-bit micros (
BBC b, ZXSpectrum, Amiga) -- are we really saying that 20 years on
there's no obvious way to have your webpage read aloud ?