Re: CSS3 and Multiple Backgrounds and Grouping

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:39:53 -0500
To: www-style@w3.org

Ernest Cline wrote:
> I think the ::outside pseudo-element of the Generated Content WD
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-css3-content-20030514/#wrapping
> will do what you want to do here.

I hadn't realized the ::outside pseudo was real; I thought in Stanimir's example:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2003Oct/0356.html

dt::outside {
   /* specify that the ::before or ::outside would group the DT and
    * some elements after, in some way (using some syntax) */
}

That he had invented a new pseudo. Outside seems very appropriate for creating a parent anonymous box outside a group, then.

It's also perfect for the multi-background scenario. Thanks.

Now we just need CSS3 to be complete... .

-Chris "SoopahMan" Moschini
http://hiveminds.info/
http://soopahman.com/