Re: [css3] URI selectors

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:52:48 -0600
To: Afternoon <afternoon@uk2.net>, www-style@w3.org

Afternoon wrote:
>> I merely pointed out that the UA-only technology Chris proposed is not
>> as powerful as some other UA-only technologies could be.
>
> Which ones?

The one my initial message mentioned was site security domains -- any
set of pages within a single security domain is considered a single "site".

There are other things the UA could do.  Site groups (like IE and
Mozilla already have for security zones), "same site" matches like the
"same site" functionality Mozilla uses for its "only load images from
the same site" preference, etc.

There are probably other things that could be done there; I don't really
care much about the topic, so I've not put much thought into it. ;)

-Boris