Re: CSS bug in IE 6??

Hello wodory,

On Monday, December 1, 2003 you wrote:

> I wonder that the problem I met was IE's bug or not. I made sample
> HTML pages as below.

Please note that this list is not a platform for discussing the faults
and highlights of various CSS implementation in browsers. For that,
you are better off on the CSS-Discuss mailing list or the ciwas
newsgroup [1]. This list is intended to discuss the specs, and you
seem to have no trouble with them ;)

..

> At this sample, the "font-family" is inherited the nested table. The
> "font-size" and the "color", however, are not inherited even these
> are "Inherite" properties.

[..]

> I don't know why IE render the sample HTMLs like that. Does anybody give me the answer or has any document about the reason?

IE6 will probably show these examples according to spec, when you
ensure it uses its 'Standards mode' rendering. With an old Doctype in
your HTML file, or no Doctype at all, IE switches to its bugward
compatible 'Quirks mode' [2].

[1]
nntp://comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

[2]
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnie60/html/cssenhancements.asp?frame=true#cssenhancements_topic2>

Greetings,
 Rijk                            mailto:rijk@iname.com

Mot du Jour:
For every vision there is an equal and opposite revision.