Re: Last Call comments for css3-ui

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:52:35 +1000 (EST)
To: Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer <schnitz@mozquito.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> Whether we talk about extremely "local" validation (e.g. in JavaScript),
> or very generic language (e.g. XML validition) is orthogonal to the
> semantics of :valid and :invalid, and just as CSS is e.g designed to
> make no distinction between "local" (X)HTML markup and
> generic XML markup, CSS shouldn't make a distiction between
> :valid / :invalid coming from a DTD, a schema, an xForm or any other
> validation technique.

Yes, but my point was that the layer of indirection *does* matter, because
the element deemed invalid (in the form data instance document) is not the
one that the pseudo-class is being applied to (in the XForms document).

These are different because a different element is being validated, not
because it is necessarily being validated in a different way.

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!
http://yeslogic.com