Re: Scrollbars In The Box Model

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:00:31 +0200, Chris Lilley wrote:

> On Friday, April 11, 2003, 8:14:50 PM, Ian wrote:
>
> IH> Indeed, for example using a '::scrolling-mechanism' pseudo-element which
> IH> would allow binding to a behavioural resource. As in:
>
> IH>    sidebar::scrolling-mechanism { binding: url(scrollbars.xml); }
> IH> ...or:
> IH>    sidebar::scrolling-mechanism { binding: native-scrolling-mechanism; }
>
> IH> This could come out of the CSS-based user interface work.
>
> That was what I hoped.

is there any hope of this suggestion being pursued?  i know i've been
waiting for something like it for a long time [1];  granted exactly what
it is that i'm waiting for has changed, and things were not then what
they are now.  I'm glad to see that other well-informed people consider
this to be a worthwhile possibility.

- mjumbe

> Now, about the scrollbar color and shadow and hilight....

;-)

> --
>  Chris                            mailto:chris@w3.org

[1] ranting wishes of a young and somewhat naive 16-year-old:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2001Apr/0109.html