Re: Inline borders

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:45:58 +1000 (EST)
To: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> > Why doesn't adding a thick border to an inline element affect the height
> > of the line it is on? This causes the border to overlap the text.
>
> You're probably running afoul of a bug in IE. ...

Actually no, I was referring to CSS itself, specifically a test in the
CSS1 test suite [1].

This has a number of spans with borders that overlap the text, and states
that "the line-height of the parent element should not change".

Any tips?

Michael Day

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS1/current/sec5522b.htm