Re: CSS and Security

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:32:28 -0700
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: "Ernest Cline" <ernestcline@mindspring.com>

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 07:47 AM, Ernest Cline wrote:
> Apparently CSS can be used for security, but I can't find any reference
> to it in the specifications. The only reference I can find is an
> unofficial one at:
> http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2003/ft030416.gif

Heh, cute.  Other people have already mentioned the obvious, so I won't
belabor that.

It's interesting to note, though, that there are security problems
generated
by CSS.  In specific, it's possible to make a style sheet which lets the
server know if the user has visited certain sites recently.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                     http://kynn.com
Chief Technologist, Idyll Mountain                http://idyllmtn.com